When you decided to build your system, you hired a team, either external or internally to build it, right? You didn't plan on becoming a software development company.
Even with a highly skilled development team, it’s likely that bugs will surface or small changes required. Some of these won’t surface until your user base grows, bringing bugs to view.
Getting the application built has cost you many tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars. And now that it is running, you are looking at the ongoing cost of maintaining it and addressing those small tweaks and bug fixes that inevitably come up.
This is where you discover that building the app is only the first part of a long process of keeping it online and up to date.
Maintaining web applications requires constant work, which can distract from your core business or other projects. But it has to be done; otherwise technical debt builds up and your asset depreciates.
Further, after you finish development, system and security updates are released that need applying, services which your app depends on might change and generally the application needs someone looking after it. None of this is unusual and is expected.
Consistent maintenance is the answer and this should be done without distracting the original team, in a reliable proactive manner. Hiring a full-time developer is expensive and likely more than your requirements, while freelancers can be unreliable and the security of your intellectual property placed at risk. You need a team to continually maintain and improve, proactively, your Ruby on Rails application.
For those minor fixes, small tweaks or other updates, we’ve created CodeCare.
CodeCare is a professional service and each month you get 10 hours of development to work on your app per month you are subscribed. You can request work on your application and we’ll work on it in the priority that makes the most sense for you and the application.
Small Tweaks and Updates
No matter the request, be it a typo, the email server just changed it's password or something else. CodeCare customers receive ten hours per month to use as you please.
We install bug monitoring software to monitor your app, any error we locate also goes on the list of issues to fix and gets prioritized attention from our professional team within your monthly hours allotment.
We manage the deployment of the application to your production environment, or enjoy even more amazing support by bundling our Ruby on Rails OpsCare® service and get a discount on the "CarePackage".
Security Patches Handled
The latest security issue was just announced? On Ruby on Rails CodeCare this is a side story for you as these critical security patches are applied to your application automatically by our team without you needing to worry.
- You register interest for the service via our contact form
- We get access to your code and make sure we can look after your application
- You then sign up for the monthly service with your credit card
- We perform our Ruby on Rails Scheduled Service and our Ruby on Rails App Health Check on your application and give you the results.
- Get ten hours a month of complimentary development to use to handle any feature request, update, tweak, fix or feature.
- Optionally purchase additional hours at a highly discounted rate as one of our priority CodeCare customers.
Yes, it's called "you are 100% happy or you get a full refund of the last month".
We do our best to look after you. We'll put our money where our mouth is and make sure it is handled. But we don't want to be arguing with you at the end of the month that we missed some target by 3 minutes, we'd rather just get the job done and keep you blown away by our service.
- Fixed cost, are you serious?
- What work can I get done?
- How much time do I actually get?
- What if I need more than 10 hours?
- What reporting will I get?
- Can I get reinteractive to look after my operations and deployment as well?
- Which of your development team work on this?
- We have an active development team on the application, can we use CodeCare?
- After using CodeCare for 6 months, can you help transition to an internal team?
- We had our app built by a certain other company, will you still offer this service?
- Do you take equity or other financial interest for a discount?
- Is there a discount for non-profits or charities?
- Can you invoice me and we'll pay by bank transfer or cheque?
- Will reinteractive sign a special negotiated contract for this service?
ACG wanted a company who could better support their growth
reinteractive’s CodeCare®, fixed price monthly code maintenance service for Rails apps and OpsCare® managed hosting, keeps ACG’s software up-to-date and functional, while also building new features.
Since signing up for CodeCare and OpsCare with reinteractive, our software has never run smoother and our CodeCare developer has been easy to work with.Justin Bash, Founder, Ag Consulting Group (ACG)
- AppWorkshop - Consultation & Project Scoping
- App Design Workshop
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Visual Design
- Web & Mobile App Development
- Salesforce & Heroku Custom Solutions
- OpsCare® Managed Hosting
- CodeCare® Code Maintenance
- Code Inspect Service
- Ruby on Rails Upgrade Support
AppWorkshop - Consultation & Project Scoping
We work hard to find the right digital solution for you. Through our AppWorkshop we work with you to identify opportunities and engage in expert planning for business-critical applications. The aim is to get your application delivered and operating as fast as possible, with the viewpoint of incrementally adding features as the site matures and grows.
App Design Workshop
Developing any software is a significant investment. If the foundations aren’t there before you begin development you can invest more than necessary getting your MVP to market. This workshop is for anyone who needs to innovate their business and requires the ideation of an application or anyone who has an application idea that needs to be mapped out.
User Experience (UX) Design
We help make even the most complicated web and mobile apps easy to navigate and create solutions that engage users, keeping them happy and on your page longer.
Our Visual Designers work with you to create the final look and feel of your website or application, including the strategic implementation of images, colours, fonts and other elements.
Web & Mobile App Development
Salesforce & Heroku Custom Solutions
We have in-depth experience in utilising the Salesforce® API and the Heroku platform that allows us to build custom applications that sync with Salesforce, allowing you to leverage the full power of the Salesforce Cloud.
OpsCare® Managed Hosting
We will protect, monitor and scale your Ruby on Rails website or app 24/7. Hosted on AWS or Heroku. We wear the pagers, so you can concentrate on growing your business.
CodeCare® Code Maintenance
Fixed price ongoing code maintenance for Ruby on Rails applications to handle future updates and tweaks.
An application review is where reinteractive reviews your application code base for security flaws, performance issues, or anything that should be improved.
Code Inspect Service
With over 200 major projects completed by reinteractive, we have a very deep understanding of best practices and ideal scenes in software development, positioning us to deliver a comprehensive report on the quality of any Ruby on Rails based code.
Ruby on Rails Upgrade Support
Our expert team have intimate knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework, making reinteractive a fantastic choice for upgrading your application to the latest version of Rails and Ruby.
11. Maintenance is Cheap | The Axioms of Software Development
How to Hire an App Designer
Understanding the 12-Factor App Methodology