Wow. Another year has flown by faster than I would care to admit.
It seems like only a few short months since my last retrospective, but those months have been packed with excitement and expansion.
- We launched the Ruby on Rails Install Fest with over 60 new developers setup
- We launched the Ruby on Rails Development Hub
- Jason Stirk became our Production Manager
- Sean Geoghegan became our very first Technical Lead
- Chloe Fisher was appointed as our very first Community Manager
- Our development team grew and became more diverse with a full time UX team member
- We built some amazing apps for our clients
- I was asked to keynote Australia's first Ruby Conference
- We sponsored Sydney's first Rails Girls event
- We delivered just over 18,000 hours of development, up from 12,000 last year and 4,000 the year before
- And our revenue increased by 2.5 times during an economic downturn
In this country we have our fair share of government issues and economic problems. Australia was quite lucky in dodging the global financial crisis bullet and we haven't suffered as much as some other countries have, but the news is still all bad. It seems like the only reason you would want to turn on the telly at the end of the night these days is if you have a particularly great day and needed to come back down to earth!
What Is UX and Why Does It Matter?
What is Ruby on Rails and Why You Should Use It
The Axioms of Software Development - Part 8
reinteractive is Australia’s largest dedicated Ruby on Rails development company. We don’t cut corners and we know what we are doing.
We are an organisation made up of amazing individuals and we take pride in our team. We are 100% remote work enabling us to choose the best talent no matter which part of the country they live in. reinteractive is dedicated to making it a great place for any developer to work.
Webinars are our online portal for tips, tricks and lessons learned in everything we do. Make the most of this free resource to help you become a better developer.
The Ruby on Rails Installfest includes a full setup of your development environment and step-by-step instructions on how to build your first app hosted on Heroku. Over 1,800 attendees to date and counting.
The Ruby on Rails Development Hub is a monthly event where you will get the chance to spend time with our team and others in the community to improve and hone your Ruby on Rails skills.